Root + Rise: A Mentorship With Purpose
9 WEEK ONLINE INTENSIVE
MISSION: Root to Rise exists to develop, disciple, and empower yoga instructors who seek to refine their teaching proficiency, lead intentionally, and build community with purpose.
If you would like to learn how to intelligently sequence a class, go deeper in the Word and learn how to minister through the modality of yoga, or build your ministry/business, THIS TRAINING IS FOR YOU!
You will have personal access to 3 coaches (Kristin Gibowicz, Jessica Mitchell & Amber Jaworsky) for 6 straight weeks on private, interactive webinars where you will learn about:
- Teaching Yoga: intelligent sequencing, word/theme-weaving, precise cuing and one-on-one video evaluation of your teaching
- Soul Care: determine your spiritual gifts, craft a personal rule of life, and receive training in 6 different spiritual disciplines for leading a healthy ministry
- Business/Marketing: in-depth consultation on how to build, market and utilize social media for business/ministry
This unique "virtual" classroom experience with small class size and individual attention, ensures that each and every participant will be equipped to be effective and spiritually thriving yoga instructors.
What to Expect:
Program Duration: The entire program takes 6 weeks to complete
Weekly Online Webinars: Program activities are carried out on weekly 2-hour group "live" webinars. We will meet each Monday, beginning October 1, 2018 from 12 pm mst - 2 pm mst. All sessions will be recorded, so if you are unable to attend the live training, a recording of the session can be emailed to you upon request.
Teaching Evaluation: Each participant will be required to submit up to two videos of their teaching, and will receive individual coaching and feedback to help them grow into highly effective yoga instructors.
Homework: There will be homework assignments outside the classroom that require 5-10 hours of attention per week.
Required Resources: The following books will be resources for the Root to Rise Mentorship Program:
- Spiritual Discipline Handbook: Practices That Transform Us, by Adele Ahlberg Calhoun
- Crafting a Rule of Life: An Invitation to the Well-Ordered Way, by Stephen Macchia
- The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams & Greatest Fears, by Mark Batterson
- Yoga Sequencing: Designing Transformative Yoga Classes, by Mark Stephens
Session 1: Framing Your Personal Rule of Life: Examining Who You Are and What You Are Living For -Amber
Session 2: The Great Class, Finding Your Teacher Voice, Intelligent Seq. - Kristin
Session 3: What is Your Why? (Ministry/Business Marketing) - Jessica
Session 4: Keys to Effective Cueing/Assisting, Intelligent Seq/Word Weaving- Kristin
Session 5: Growing Your Yoga Ministry/Business & Utilizing Social Media - Jessica
Session 6: Living Out Your Personal Rule of Life -Amber
May you be full of God's goodness, richly supplied with revelation-knowledge, and empowered to instruct one another. ~ Romans 15:14