Advent: Slowing for More Joy & More Jesus
I love November and December, but they are busy months; full of decorating, baking, shopping, and events. Lately, I've noticed I've been falling into bed exhausted and frustrated over all of the things I did not get accomplished, and I've been waking up with a list of “must-do-now” items pressing in hard. I don’t know about you, but this crazy-train makes me crave peace. I crave simplicity, and more than anything, my soul aches to be close to God’s heart instead of running around the halls of the mall.
Let's take a deep breathe together and get our hearts and minds in a good place. Let's sit at the feet of Jesus and this Christmas season, unwrap the best gift we've ever been given....
THE ADVENT PROJECT:
Each Sunday in December (3rd, 10th, 17th & 24th) you will receive an email to help you focus on receiving the gift of Jesus and being the gift to others. Each email will include 3 disciplines:
- Weekly Devotionals or Christian Meditations that will help you tend to your soul & draw close to God.
- Weekly Holy Yoga Videos that will help you to move, breathe & connect with God.
- Daily action items/challenges that you can do to BE THE GIFT TO OTHERS for the whole month of December.
This project wouldn't be complete without an opportunity to come together to laugh, pray and soak in God's goodness collectively. So, an optional CANDLELIGHT HOLY YOGA CLASS will be held on December 17th @ 3:30 pm at Mountainview Christian Church.
- $10 Candlelight Holy Yoga Class ONLY (12/17). If you have a fitness package with Soul Fitness Colorado, feel free to use your punch pass to cover the class.
- $15 Email Program ONLY. You will receive your first email on Dec. 3rd.
- $25 for BOTH